Chris – Creative Director / Photography
- What do I do? Steer the ship and take the pics.
- Out of Hours? Cycling and Dad stuff.
- Weakness? Bread and chips, often together.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? Definitely a night owl. I have aspirations at becoming an early bird but I’m not sure it’s for me.
- Favourite artist/creative and why? Steve McCurry is the don. He captures two of my favourite things, portraits and travel, better than anyone else.
- Why do you do what you do? I’ve been obsessed with photography since my late teens. To be able to do this for a living still blows my mind.
- What does your dream day look like? Out on my bike by 8am, a good 4-5 hours of riding, home for a barbecue in the garden with the family. Finish the day with a good movie and ice cream.
- What’s your favourite music/band etc.? Love pretty much all music, except jazz. Stone Roses, Portishead, Zero 7 & Laura Marling if I have to narrow it down.
- What are you currently reading? The Spark by Greg Orme.
- What is one thing you never get bored of? New places. I’m waiting for a reliable teleporter so I can cut out the actual travel part and just arrive at new places.
Marie – Studio Manager
- What do I do? I manage communication with our lovely clients and ensure Team Magenta are well looked after.
- Out of Hours? Long walks and live music.
- Weakness? Missing aforementioned music gigs because of, well, life!
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? Definitely early bird, I struggle to keep my eyes open after 8pm!
- Favourite artist/creative And why? Van Gogh has long been a favourite artist, I love his expressive use of colour and texture in his paintings.
- Why do you do what you do? My passions, and personality are largely focused around effective communication and making sure everyone is happy.
- What does your dream day look like? It doesn’t matter what I’m doing as long as it starts with coffee. Being surrounded with my favourite people and a warm, sunny day helps.
- What’s your favourite music/band etc.? Too many to mention but The Stone Roses have been of continuous importance since my teens.
- What are you currently reading? Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou – her ideas to living well and living a life with meaning
- What is one thing you never get bored of? Waking up to a new day with my husband and daughter snuggled up beside me.
Luke – Post-Production & Video
- What do I do? I head up the video and animation team.
- Out of Hours? Trying to out-run my friends on Strava and going to gigs.
- Weakness? Pizza and IPA’s!
- Favourite artist/creative And why? The Photographer Robert Frank. His book ‘The Americans’ was hugely influential for me in during Uni.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? Hmmmm…. Both? Depends if it’s a school night or not!
- Why do you do what you do? I always gravitated towards creative subjects and ended up studying photography at University, I then moved into video but I’m always up for learning new skills and when I started to learn animation it seemed to click and that’s what I do today.
- What does your dream day look like? Snowboarding in Europe with friends, something I haven’t done for too long!!
- What’s your favourite music/band etc.? Always struggle to answer this one but if I was pushed I’d have to say The Doors.
- What are you currently reading? I just finished ‘A Million Little Pieces’ by James Frey.
- What is one thing you never get bored of? Reciting Alan Partridge quotes.
Paul – Motion & CGI
- What do I do? Makes things move in 3D.
- Out of Hours? Attempting to grow plants on my tiny balcony and exploring my baking skills.
- Weakness? Keeping the plants alive.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? Night owl all the way.
- Favourite artist/creative and why? Patrick Clair, the creative mind behind amazing looking title sequences such as Westworld, True Detective and American Gods.
- Why do you do what you do? It’s an addiction. You get to come up with the most crazy sounding ideas and then actually get to figure out a way to make those ideas come to life.
- What’s your favourite thing to do on the weekends? Catch up with all of the latest movies in cinema. Been collection all my cinema tickets since I moved to Cardiff, currently up to 66 tickets!
- What does your dream day look like? A day without any software crashes.
- What’s your favourite music/band etc.? A Dutch band called BLØF.
- What are you currently reading? The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck.
- What is one thing you never get bored of? The Office (US).
Sapphire – Design & Illustration
- What do I do? I primarily illustrate as part of the animation team, but frequently create visual assets for photography and video projects.
- Out of Hours? Dreaming up ambitious home improvements.
- Weakness? DIY delusions of grandeur.
- Favourite artist/creative and why? Kelly Anne is a strong favourite of mine for the bold and expressive female forms. She just radiates creative confidence.
- Why do you do what you do? What I love about what I do is that my working day never lacks variety. I love it when you get a good project, and work doesn’t feel like work at all.
- What does your dream day look like? Camping somewhere remote perhaps, somewhere warm. Wine and food are an essential factor in this dream day, and it might end with an evening swim.
- What’s your favourite music/band etc.? Mostly electronic music, some piano, maybe an all-girl dreamy guitar band, and I’m quite partial to some R&B.
- What are you currently reading? I’ve just started reading ‘Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race’ By Reni Eddo-Lodge.
- What is one thing you never get bored of? Discovering new places to eat.